Monday, January 17, 2011

Time Flies...

Wow.  How long have we been here?  Three days?  I'm about ready to stay for another couple weeks.  Today I got to teach my first class.  Knitting.  Definitely not what I was expecting to teach.  :)  The four artistans I taught (two men and two women) were so talented.  One of the ladies, Weekinsia, excelled at hat making.  She finished her hat in just a few hours.  She was hoping to work for a bit more than bead money, to pay for her retrovirals and her 3 year old son.  She was such a blessing.  You can find her picture on the main site for the ApParent Project.  Love her. :)

The other ladies had such a successful day!  Each student went home with a diaper to give to someone they knew who needs one.  I think they are all ready to stay for a couple more weeks as well.  Tonight is a perfect night, about 70 degrees with a breeze, and imagine this: on the deck, still working.  These ladies are going to change the world.

"Never doubt that small group of driven people can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that has"

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment